Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2 years ago.....Sunday???

So, as most of you already know, my little princess will be 2 years old on Sunday. We have so much going on between now and then that I decided I will give my birthday tribute to Ryan now....what's a few days going to hurt?? We are having 2 birthday parties this weekend for Ryan to split up the amount of people. I know it sounds crazy but I'd rather do that then try to fit everyone in my house at one time. That would equal out to be almost 60 people. Last year for her first birthday, we had 65 people but we had rented out a clubhouse to the condo that my uncle owns. That was a lifesaver.
Ryan's medicine is doing it's just it seems because she is looking much better. Her 2 year well check up is Monday so we will see if the left ear infection is clearing up. The skin infection looks much better and with the help of our good friend Mr. Neosporin, the scab on her nose is almost gone now!! Her nose is also not running as bad as before. YAY for Ryan!!
So, here we go!!!
On December 11, 2007 I went to my last doctor's appointment as a pregnant woman. My due date was actually on the 10th but those are never accurate anyways. :) I had received a second ultra sound 2 weeks prior to get an estimated fetal weight because I had gained 65 lbs. They knew I had a big baby in there and needed to get an idea of what they were working with. At that appointment, the doctor told me that I was getting induced and told me to check myself into the hospital that evening at 6 pm. I was also informed that I should eat a really good meal before hand because once in labor, all bets were off. And, most of you know that you DO NOT tell a woman that is 9 months pregnant that she cannot eat!! That's just wrong on so many levels. haha. My mom treated Jay and I to Olive Garden that night and when we left, we went straight to the hospital. I was so nervous and anxious and just couldn't wait to meet my sweet little girl. I was just dying inside to see what she looked like!! When we got to the hospital, we settled in and just waited...and waited.....and waited.
At 8 am the next morning, December 12th, I was started on the I.V. drip to induce my labor. At 9 am I was considered to be in active labor. I remember thinking "wow...that was FAST!!!" My contractions were very strong and I was in a lot of pain, but I wasn't dialating. At noon, the doctor's broke my water for me to see if I would progress any. I received my epidural around 6pm and then we waited some more. I didn't know what was taking so long but I didn't like it. I was so miserable. Finally, at 1:00 am...yes....the NEXT morning, I had just hit 9 cm. The doctor told me since Ryan had been without fluid and that she hadn't dropped at all that the best bet at that point was to deliver her via c-section. Woo Hoo....let's just get this over with!!! I was disappointed that I wasn't actually going to "give birth" but at the same time, I just wanted to see her. I agreed to surgery and within 5 minutes, nurses and doctors were coming in to prep me. I went back to the operating room and got strapped to the table. (which by the way is a very scary feeling knowing that you cannot move because of the meds, and then having your arms strapped down also) The surgery started and I didn't even know it....I didnt feel a thing. But I guess that's the point right?? lol. At 2:14 am, I heard the cries. The most amazing sound I've ever heard in my entire life. The nurses took Ryan over to the table to get her wiped off and make sure she was ok, then told Jay to get her and bring her over for me to see. We both had tears of joy streaming down our faces. When I looked at her for the first time, I knew what true love was. She was BIG, and beautiful, and PERFECT!!!!
TO RYAN:
You are my everything, my whole life, and my precious gift. You will never in your life know just how very much you mean to me. You have made me so much more than I ever thought I could be and for you, I am forever grateful. You have brought a light to my life that I never knew could exist. Every day with you is truly a blessing and I couldn't ask for anything better. I cannot believe you are (almost) 2 years old. Time goes by way to quickly. I look forward to times when you are older, like your first day of school, your first sport that you try, and your first school dance. I cannot wait to share those special times with you and help guide you along your journey through life. You were born with a VERY special heart, and sometimes things that you will go through may not always seem fair, but GOD made you this way because He knew just how strong you would be. You have endured A LOT in your 2 years of life and will continue to go through many more things. Just know that I am ALWAYS here, holding your hand along the way. You are the BEST gift I have ever received and I thank GOD every single day for bringing you to me. Please know just how much I love you and care about you.....you are my everything princess!!!!
*wiping tears away* WOW....this is harder than I thought. I actually just took a 15 minute break in between these 2 paragraphs. I have added some pictures for all to see of Ryan when she was born, and a couple when she was just a few months old. I cannot believe how big she's gotten and how smart she is!! She really amazes me EVERY day!!!



Ryan Sue Sweeney 8lbs. 7oz. 20 inches long



sleeping beauty.....so precious



born on December 13, the 12 days of Christmas baby!!



just over a month old


almost 4 months


Oh how things change. I remember how much she loved that excersaucer. That was the best thing in the world to her!!! Now, she gets really happy when I paint her nails....haha. She is the love of my life and I am so blessed to have her.


I will update again sometime next week with pictures from the birthday bashes!!! I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week and has a GREAT weekend!!!










3 comments:

  1. Happy (early) Birthday Ryan!! I hope you have a great day, and lots of fun at your TWO parties! :)

    Alisha,
    You brought me to tears...it takes me back to the moment when Derrick was born. There is nothing better in the world than that moment becoming a mother. What a precious blessing.

    Have fun at the parties, and take lots of pictures!! I can't wait to see them!

    Big heart hugs and prayers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ryan!!!

    What a great tribute to your daughter! It is such an incredible feeling becoming a mother and how much they change your life. Thank you for taking us down memory lane through the adorable photos!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
    http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I tried to post this a while ago, but my internet was being a PAIN! SOOO... Happy belated birthday sweet girl! Your birth story is so special, just like you! I am so happy you and your mama (and daddy too) have each other. What a team!

    ReplyDelete