Sunday, December 6, 2009

It just keeps on coming.....

Geez....sorry it's taken me a while to get back to the posting. Been pretty busy around here. Let's get down to it....Ryan's appointment went GREAT!!! We got to CCHMC on Friday morning hoping for the best and that is what we got. Ryan's gradient was 39 and is now 40 which is worse but not by much. AWESOME!! We have been told that as soon as the gradient gets up to 50, Dr. Hor (cardiologist) will be speaking to Dr. Hirsch (cath doc) about setting Ryan up for another Cardiac Cath with balloon. Last year, we found out just a week before her birthday that she would be getting this procedure in January, so her birthday and the Holiday's weren't that great. I didn't feel there was much to celebrate with everything happening to Ryan. This year, however, things will be totally different. We now have a lot to celebrate. This year, we will not have surgery on our minds.



Ryan's sats during her sedated echo
during the echo...sorry it's fuzzy, this pic was taken on my cell phone
After Ryan's echo, I swung by the gift shop to exchange a bracelet that I had bought for a necklace just like it. It's called the "always in my heart" jewelry....you can buy a bracelet, necklace or keychain and then you buy little charms to put inside of it. VERY CUTE.
you cannot tell what's in it, but I have 5 charms. A heart that says "hope" in it, a circle with a princess crown that says "mommy's princess," a red heart that says "daughter," a little girl with a dress on that has Ryan's birthstone in it, and a charm in the shape of the letter "R."
The ride home from the hospital didn't go too well because the nembutal that Ryan was on is the DEVIL!!! I cannot stand that med because of what it does to her the rest of the day. She was SO CRANKY. Once we got home though, she fell asleep. Dr. Hor called me to tell me that for the first time ever.....Ryan doesn't have to come back for 6 WHOLE MONTHS!!! That is amazing news. Ryan was down for the count for her nap so I started on getting some things done around the house, and that's when I heard the THUMP!!!
The thump was Ryan falling out of her bed. EEEEKKS......since she was still heavily medicated, she was unable to walk. Well, since I wasn't in her room I do not know exactly what happened but when I ran in her room, she had a pretty decent amount of blood on her face. Jay grabbed a washcloth and got it wet and we wiped her off. All of the blood was coming from the rug burn on her nose and not from the inside of either that or her mouth which was a relief. Poor girl....I can only imagine how bad it hurt. That wasn't the end of it though....it just kept coming.
Ryan was sitting on the living room floor and I went to the kitchen to grab her a little snack. I was getting some animal crackers ready in a bag for her to eat, when she suddenly jumped up and darted for the kitchen. We couldn't catch her quick enough and since she was so wobbly, she fell....HARD. When she slipped on the kitchen floor, somehow her left ear hit right on the corner of the wooden baseboard. So, the top of her ear is swollen and bruised. She's been through it!!!! It doesn't stop there...........it just kept coming.
As the day progressed on Friday, Ryan's nose began to run, and run, and run some more. I was hoping it was nothing more than a case of the sniffles, but I was wrong. Friday night was HARD on her because she wasn't feeling well. She woke up at 2 am and didn't go back to sleep until 5:30 am. When she got back up yesterday morning at about 8:30, she was S-I-C-K!! Fever was 100 but the amount of mucus coming from her nose was HORRIBLE!!! She couldn't breathe out of her nose AT ALL. I waited until 1 pm when the peds office opened and called to get her in, but they couldn't get her in until today at 1:20pm. We were ON IT.
We got to the doc today thinking they would just give her an antibiotic for the sinus infection and we would be on our way. Well, she got the prescription for augmentin, however, it's for her sinus infection, left ear infection, and skin infection. The skin infection happened because the scab on her nose came open, and her yuckiness leaking out of her nose, went in it. UGH. It doesn't look that bad though. I'm sure you all probably have this mental image of this disgusting looking infection on her upper lip but that's not the case. It's just a large scab that's red. Ryan will be on the meds twice a day for 10 days. We are still having her birthday party next weekend though because once on the meds for a few days, she will no longer be contagious.
St. Nick came last night to visit Ryan and she just LOVED everything he had to give her. Here are several pics!!!
digging into her stocking
wow....a GIANT pen.
scribbling on her new Disney Princess paper with her new GIANT pen
more nail polish...she loves having her nails painted.
her favorite....the "Dora the Explorer" bubble bath!!! (see the scabbed nose? :(
We have so many reasons to celebrate this year and I am so thrilled at how Ryan's appointment went, but I'm not forgetting the other families that are not so fortunate this year. My heart goes out to you all. Rather it's that an appointment didn't go well for your child, your child is in the hospital, or your child earned their wings way to early in life....my thoughts and prayers are with you all!!! ALWAYS!!!!!

this is now in our yard. the snowman moves up and down!!! TOO CUTE!!!


I am really looking forward to Ryan's birthday next weekend. I don't like the fact that she is one year older, but I love all the new things she is learning and seeing how much she changes on almost a daily basis. She talks better everyday and is just so amazing. Oh, and just an FYI, she weighs 31 lbs. and is 34 inches tall. ALMOST 3 FEET!! haha.
I may not get around to updating again this week but will post a birthday update next weekend for sure!!! I hope everybody had a great weekend and that you enjoy the week ahead!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad that her appointment went well and you don't have to go back for six months! YAY!!!

    I know exactly what you mean about not feeling like celebrating the holidays last year when you had so much hanging over your head. That's where we are at this year. I'm not feeling so "festive" right now.

    Hope Ryan gets to feeling better soon and doesn't take anymore medicated tumbles. Poor kid!!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
    http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Ryan!! My goodness!

    Great news on no appointment for six months. WOW!! That's awesome.

    Happy early birthday to Ryan!!!!

    Big heart hugs and prayers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete