Thursday, September 24, 2009

A new fun game....and a vote to please?

So today was another day of being stuck in the house due to illness and it raining outside. Ryan is acting fine but has a pretty nasty cough still. I woke up this morning feeling much better although I still have a few aches every now and then, along with the congested cough also.

We have finally decided on what Ryan is going to be for Halloween. (and yes I realize it's still a month a way and I still have time, but I don't want to do things last minute.) I will give you a clue as to what she is going to be and I want to see how many people can figure it out. I'll give the answer MAYBE in the next update. If you are a close friend or family member that already knows the answer, please don't say it.....or if you do, I will neither say your right or wrong.


Here is the clue:

Pink patent leather boots

Ha....let's see what you all come up with. Ryan has something new as of today that she just LOVES to play with. It still amazes me how it's the small things that are SO entertaining.




That is a rubbermaid container filled halfway with 3 different types of uncooked beans. Inside the container there is also a set of measuring cups. She loves this so much. It's almost like having a smaller indoor sandbox with A LOT less then half the mess. She managed to drop the entire box on the floor but that's ok because it didn't take long to find the beans in the carpet. She stood there and played with it for almost an hour.


Here is a short video of the Bean Fun that she had today.



She also got to play school again because now she has a backpack of her own. I saw this at the store and new she had to have it because of her being so into this school thing now.


I'm not sure if I mentioned Ryan's new obsession in a previous upate on carepages or not...but if not....SPIDERS!!!! Ryan has 2 pet spiders in her room. Yes they ARE real. She SO PROUDLY has named them poo-poo and pee-pee. It took a lot of thought to come up with those names and she's very happy about it. The spiders have a couple crickets with them in case they get hungry and they live in her fish bowl. We went to the Halloween store a couple days ago because Josh wants to be Michael Jackson (of course) and he needed the sequin glove. I figured that would probably be a hot ticket item so I wanted to get it asap. While we were there though, little Princess Ryan just fell IN LOVE....HEAD OVER HEELS with all of the spider decorations. This is what she ended up with.......

These are the spiders that came together in a pack. They are just supposed to be some sort of decoration I guess but when we brought them home she insisted on sleeping with them. She still wanted her stuffed puppies to though. It can never just be one or the other huh? It's all in good fun though and she just loves them to death. She thinks it's hilarious if she puts one on you and you act like your afraid of it. She just cracks up.

Onto the rest of the title. As some of you know I'm sure, there is currently a contest going on to vote on which 3 Children's Hospitals in the country will win a $10,000.00 game room for the patients and their families. The contest is going on until October 16th, 2009.

Here is the link http://xbox.childrensmiraclenetwork.org/default.aspx

You can go to the site and register with your information. Then you will have to choose which hospital you want to vote for. Currently, Cincinnati Children's is ranked number 6. The contest results are updated every 5 minutes. Once you've registered, you can cast 10 votes (all back to back) in one day. So, I strongly urge you to log on and take 3 minutes of everyday until October 16th to vote for Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. Remember, the top 3 hospitals will win. Also, when you register to vote, you are automatically entered to win an X-Box game system or a Nintendo WII game system. If anyone has any questions regarding the contest, please see the above link for more details. I really hope everyone has a great weekend...hopefully I'll more pictures next time.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the beans idea! How fun! Hope you all get to feeling 100% soon!

    Guess on the costume.....that's a tough one!! I have no idea on the pink leather boots. I'll have to think on that one and get back to you.

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bean idea. My girls are older, but I bet they would still love this. Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete