Wednesday, September 30, 2009

On to BIGGER and BETTER things



Yesterday was a very hectic day here at home. Every 30 minutes it seemed Ryan would just start crying for no reason. Her head felt a little warm and her temp was 99.8 so I didn't that was it....she grabbed at her stomach a lot though so I just chopped it up to a belly ache. She went to bed a little earlier last night and seemed just fine today. Speaking of today...big things happened for Ryan.

On Sunday, I ordered a new bedding set for Ryan's twin size bed that I knew we would be putting up soon. She has done SO well these past few months with the one side rail being off of her crib, we could just tell she was ready. The order form said standard shipping was 3-5 business days and I was both shocked and excited when the bedding arrived just yesterday.

I, of course, had to wash everything first and then today it was down to business. I took her crib apart and got all the pieces out of her room, with the help of Jay. I vacuumed the floor really good and then started putting her new bed in. It's actually Josh's old twin bed that he had a while ago, but we kept it knowing she would need it at some point. SMART THINKING. I never would have thought she would be in a twin bed before the age of 2. She really just amazes me. She followed us around as we moved things from place to place. She had a look of excitement on her face because she just knew something major was happening. Once the bed was put together, I put her new bedding on it and she went crazy. SHE LOVES IT!!!!



The bedding has trees, birds, mushrooms, owls, flowers, hearts, and squirrels. It is also textured. It has a bunch of different patterns on it which is nice. Ryan's grandpa Joe (my dad) purchased this bedding for her which was SO AWESOME of him. WE LOVE IT...THANK YOU!!!


She just HAD to break it in as you can see. After the picture was taken, I've been trying to DRILL into her head that monkey's should NOT jump on the bed. I think she's starting to understand. Even with her step stool, it's a little bit harder for her to get into this bed but she's managing. She took a nice nap in it today and is currently sleeping in it. Her first night in her big girl bed...oh how time flies by. My friend, Deana, is giving us a bed rail that we are picking up on Friday. THANKS TO YOU TO!!! lol. Hopefully she does not fall out of the bed between now and then.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. Jay's family reunion is on Saturday at a park. Hopefully it's not too cold because it has been pretty chilly the past 2 weeks. Then Sunday we have a birthday party to go too. My friends daughter, Kayleigh, is turning 2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAY!!

The walk is 2 weeks away for Children's Hospital. If anyone would like to make any more donations, please email me at rysmom07@yahoo.com and I will give you the info that you need. THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE ALREADY MADE DONATIONS!! I do not have an exact number on how much we have raised because we are still collecting donations. Our shirts should be ready to be picked up on Tuesday and I cannot wait to see them. They are going to be white with bright pink and black writing on them. I will of course, post a picture of the shirts once I get them in. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! A big girl bed already??? Logan is still in his toddler bed and he is almost three. He does have a full size bed in his room that I am very slowly warming up to the idea of him being in pretty soon. I am just going to miss having him close to me every night in his little bed. Guess it is time for me to except that he is not a baby anymore! :(

    Hope Ryan is feeling better today!

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete