Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A walk in the park.....

I realized that on my last post I didn't give another clue to Ryan's halloween costume and I forgot to mention the news on her next check up. Silly me....too much to think about. I finally did get a response from cardiology and she will be seeing Dr. Hor at the hospital instead of outpatient on November 16 for a second opinion. He may just end up being her new doctor if we like him well enough. That would be nice. I have never met him before but am looking forward to hearing someone else's opinion of Ryan's situation.


The second clue to her Halloween costume is:
Funky Tights

HA....I'd like some more guesses.....I know Stefenie you didn't have a guess last time so let's see if this clue helps at all. I'm looking forward to your comment. :)

This past weekend was a busy one of course. Saturday there was a family reunion for Jay's mom's side. It was at one of the park's somewhat close to home. Even though it ended up being pretty cold, we still had a good time. Ryan was very excited to see the slides as soon as we got there. Josh ran right over to the open field where his cousins were all playing football. He was there almost the whole time. Ryan was able to play in the playground area with her younger cousins.

This is Ryan and Mason rocking back and forth. These 2 have quite the love for eachother. They are always following eachother around and trying to sneak away to get into trouble. haha


WEEE....Sliding is so much fun!!! She must have done this 100 times.


Hey....what are you guys doin over there???


Hmmm....what should I do next??
Of course, with every fun day, some kind of injury just HAS to occur. Ryan was climbing up a ladder to get on the playset and lost her balance. She fell and turned herself around and hit her mouth on the ground and bit her lip at the same time. I picked her up just in time to see the pool of blood drip from her mouth. There was so much of it that I could barely see her teeth. I, of course, did the check on all teeth to make sure none were loose. She was fine after a few minutes and went back to playing after we got her all cleaned up. Poor girl....it seems like everytime she gets hurt, it's her face that suffers. It can never be a bump or bruise on her arm or leg. As long as nothing gets broken I guess we should be thankful that she's always ok after.
Ryan hadn't had a nap all day Saturday so when we left the park, which was a little late, she was exhausted. We came home and I fixed dinner. I wasn't sure she was going to make it through eating. She got a bath and went straight to bed.
On Sunday, we went to Kayleigh's birthday party. Sunday was an amazing day outside. The warmest one we've had in almost a month. They had a bouncy house set up outside so the kids could jump away all the sugar from the cake and ice cream....GREAT IDEA!!!! We had a lot of fun except Ryan got upset when I wouldn't let her open the presents. I tried to explain to her that her birthday is in 2 months and we would have a party for her with presents. She really didn't have any idea what I was saying and it didn't work. She was MAD!!! I was so thankful when all the gifts were opened and it was time to move on to something else. HAHA.
The walk for Cincinnati Children's Hospital is this Saturday! It's finally here. Our shirts are not back yet but maybe will be done tomorrow or Thursday should be the latest. I'm excited to see how they turn out. There are 15 people on our team HEALING HEARTS!!!! There are over 4,000 people TOTAL walking the 3 miles. There is also a kids fest going on until 2 pm where there will be face painting, a harvest hangout (for pictures) a remembrance garden, some small rides and a craft corner. I cannot wait to go and see it all. This is our first year doing the walk so we are all very excited to see everything. I want to thank everyone for making your donations and for those people walking on our team as well. It's so nice to have all the support!! I still do not have an exact total for our team yet but hopefully will this weekend. It's not too late to make a donation so if you would like information on how to sponsor our team, please email me at rysmom07@yahoo.com and I will give you the info on how to go to the web site to make a donation.
I will have another update this weekend with pictures from the walk!!! Have a great week everyone!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog. Well, you found mine, but you know what I mean. Now, I can join you in praying for Ryan Sue! What a beauty! You strike me as a special mama. Which is fitting, because you have such a special girl! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you'll put a button on your blog that I can add to mine so that others can be in prayer for Ryan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm! Funky tights huh? Oh boy! Not much to go on...althoguth I am starting to get worried with leather boots and funky tights! TEASING!!! I am going to guess a witch. Am I right?? Do I win a prize?? No? Ok...I'll just settle on getting to see more of these cute little Ryan updates! Love the park pictures!

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatta dn Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete