Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dirty your knees!!!

Before I get started on the prayers that are needed....I want to share Ryan's 2 year photos. They are a bit fuzzy but that is because I took a picture of a picture due to us not having a scanner. She hasn't been to get her pictures taken in a while so I was not sure how she would do, especially now that she has her attitude that goes with her ALMOST 2 years of age. She had a few moments where she would run away and try to play with the toys that the photographers have and she insisted on playing instead of looking cute. :) They were able to get some pretty good shots though.



I LOVE these!! The second one is my favorite. Her hair was a little crazy as you can see with her "wings" sticking out on each side. Oh well, I still think she is gorgeous!!! and I cannot believe she is almost 2. Us heart mom's know that it's not just a birthday, it's a celebration of life. At the same time, it's a reminder of the little ones that are no longer with us, and our hearts will FOREVER be with them and their families.
Monday night, while at my mom's house, my mom decided she wanted to carve her pumpkin. We thought it might be a little early but that's ok. I was expecting and hoping that Ryan would just dig right in and really enjoy it. I was SO WRONG. She wouldn't go near that thing!! I tried to get her excited about it by telling her we were carving a kitty cat into it but she didn't seem to care at all. She kept saying "ewww" and "no." I wasn't trying to force her into it, but I wanted her to just see what it felt like. She wanted no part of it, so we just did the gutting and carving ourselves. She has ALWAYS been this way though. If she gets dirt on her hands outside, she will find the closest person to wipe them off for her. It's not normal for a 2 year old to not like getting their hand dirty, but that's just her. She's too much like me sometimes. lol



What a beauty huh?!?! haha. The pic is a bit blurry but you get the idea. Since Ryan likes spiders so much, we are going to carve a spider into our pumpkin either this weekend or sometime next week.
Since Ryan doesn't enjoy the experience of the slimy pumpkin, we decided to just dress up her little pumpkin that our neighbors gave her after they grew them in their yard this year.

This little guy looks AMAZING!! ha. She thought this was great. If ANYONE wants to avoid the mess and still make it fun for kids, just get out the Mr. Potato head accessories. Since the pieces are plastic and not strong enough to push into the pumpkin, use a phillips screwdriver first. Push the screw driver into the pumpkin to make the holes where you want them, then the plastic pieces will fit right in. I'm getting so excited for Halloween and cannot wait to see EVERYONE's pictures of all the kids.
Ok, it's time to get your knees dirty. Baby V needs EVERYONE's prayers!! She was admitted to the hospital last night and her O2 sats were dropping down to the 50's. PLEASE KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS THAT SHE CAN PULL THROUGH. She has been through so much already. We all hope she has the strength. For more info on Baby V, please visit www.kargfamilyupdates.blogspot.com.
I am working on some colorsplash pictures that I am going to post soon. Hope everyone has a great day!!





















1 comment:

  1. Love the new pics! They turned out very cute!

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete