Monday, October 12, 2009

In need of prayers and ideas please.....

So I know I just updated yesterday but I found out about this last night. A friend of mine's 10 year old niece has been diagnosed with Alopecia Areata. Basically, it is just a disease that causes hair loss. She has lost all of the hair on her head, her eyebrows, and her lashes and it will never grow back. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. I couldn't imagine being any age and going through this, let alone a 10 year old. Her name is Hunter stidham.

Another person in need of prayers is 10 year old Jailyn Hayes. Jailyn was admitted to Cincinnati Children's Hospital for severe abdominal pain and her appendix ruptured. She is now in critical condition and is having some internal bleeding, as well as in the early stages of kidney failure. Please pray for Jay also!!

I need ideas now....

I, personally, have no hosted a benefit. My friend, Jessica, would like to have a benefit for Hunter. There is a certain type of wig that Hunter wants and they are very expensive. Her insurance will not cover any of it and when her parents went to locks of love, they were informed that they only make wigs for cancer patients. If anyone could PLEASE give me any ideas and tips on hosting a benefit, I would GREATLY appreciate it. We need all the info we can get, from food catering, to locations, to fundraising games. (split the pot, silent auction, etc.) I look forward to hearing your ideas. If you dont want to comment here, please email me at rysmom07@yahoo.com THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alisha! I am so sorry to hear of the kids that are having tough times.

    If I were you I would contact anyone and everyone and tell them the family's story and seek donations for items for the benefit...like silent auction items, live auction items, radio spots and newspaper spotlights to get info out about the benefit. Also contact places to see if they will donate their facility to host the benefit like a hall or community building. You could have a pie auction...that was one item at Logan's benefit that people liked. Baskets to auction are also big hits...like salon items donated in baskets with gift certificates. There are many ideas you can come up with. We also had a memorial organization donate a gun and raffled off tickets for it. That raised a lot of money. Live auctions do bring in more money than a silent auction does...just a tip.

    You can e-mail me anytime for any other advice on getting one going. Let me know what I can do.

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete