Thursday, October 29, 2009

The protocol is sedation

Does everyone just LOVE the newly re-designed blog? I spent a lot of time on this and am quite proud!! Here's the scoop...Ryan has another appointment scheduled to see Dr. Hor in December. He only sees patients on Mondays and she has to get an echo done every 3 months. Since her last echo was with sedation on September 4, she needs another one. The hospitals protocol is to give mild sedation with their echo's for children under 4 years old. When she saw her old doctor at the outpatient office, they didn't do sedation. So, Ryan is scheduled on Friday December 4th at 8:00 am for a sedated echo. She will then see Dr. Hor on Monday December 7th at 10:50 am for an EKG and follow up exam. Since his schedule fills up so quickly, I might call back next week and go ahead and schedule her for March as well. That would probably be a pretty good idea.
In the mean time..it's almost Halloween!!! Can you believe it's almost here? I love this time of year. I love the leaves changing color and the nice breeze we get on a sunny day. I could do without the illness and germs all over the place but hey, I guess you have to take the good with the bad. I want to hear what everyone's kids are being for Halloween. I'm sure I will see pictures later and I really look forward to that!! What is your little guy(s), girl(s) being this year? In case you didn't read the other post, Ryan is being a punk rock girl, and Josh is being Michael Jackson. I cannot wait!!!
I also want to hear about everyone's pumpkins!! I love pumpkin carving and I just think they look really nice when they are lit. We have our one big pumpkin with the spider carved in it, and Ryan also has her Mr. PUMPKIN head. (complete with Mr. Potato head pieces.)



Ryan still has a runny nose. She had the fever of 102 last week, which thankfully went away with 2 doses of meds but the runny nose just wont stop. I believe its draining to her throat now because the cough is getting pretty nasty but only at night. Of course!!! I'd rather her cough through out the day so it didn't wake her up all night. Poor girl!! I keep trying to get her to say "trick or treat" but the only part she says is "or tweat" lol. She tries so she gets an A+ for effort!! Maybe eating some Halloween candy will make her nose stop running?? HAHA....wouldn't that be strange??
I'm not sure if I will have anything to blog about between now and Saturday so if not, I really hope everyone has a VERY SAFE, VERY HEALTHY, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! I cannot wait to see everyone's pictures after!!





2 comments:

  1. Your blog is looking great!

    About Ryan only saying "or tweat"...she is smarter than you think. She is only wanting the treat! LOL!!!

    Hope you have a great Halloween!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog!

    Hope Ryan's feeling better, and I agree with Stef...she's super smart asking only for the "tweat!" Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete