Monday, November 2, 2009

A Happy Halloween it was...

I hope everyone had a VERY HAPPY HALLOWEEN. Our was great!! We had some family over to join in on the fun. My mom and her husband came, my cousin and her fiance, and then my Aunt. Ryan really didn't know what was going on, but she was excited about dressing up and kept talking about us having a party. Whenever she sees a lot of people, she thinks it's a birthday party and starts singing. FUNNY STUFF. So, we all ate dinner, and then starting getting the kids ready for trick-or-treating. Since it was pretty cold out on Saturday, staying at about 50 degrees all day and then colder when it got dark, I had to quickly think of a way to make Ryan stay warm but make it to where people could still understand her costume. I grabbed an old zip up hoodie that was a little bit too small for her, and my cousin, Katie, worked her magic. She cut it up in some places and put safety pins on it like the "punks" do. It turned out REALLY well.


here is Ryan before her hair was done. She kept wanting to put her hands in her pockets but forgot that there was a hole cut in it. haha
I knew that I wouldn't be able to give her a mohawk with doing little pony tails because her hair is so fine, and although it doesn't look like it, it's actually pretty long on top when you try to spike it up. So, I did 4 little pony tails and once I sprayed the pink in, I didn't even need hair spray. That hair coloring spray is like glue in a can. Here is the result.

again with the one hand in the HOLE pocket. As you can see, I also painted her fingernails black for just an extra touch. NICE.

this was when she was done collecting candy and decided to just hang out in the driveway with everyone to get warm by the fire in our fire-pit. Like the slippers?

Jay and I walked around with Ryan for about 45 minutes and then she sort of lost interest. We went back to our house, and she helped pass out candy and eat some of hers of course. She had a REALLY good time and we had so many compliments on her costume. A lot of people said she was the CUTEST punk EVER. I'm sure next year she will be able to tell us what she wants to be so I don't have to come up with something myself.

here is Josh (Michael Jackson) Ryan (punk) and Quintin (mob gangster) for those who do not know, Quintin is my cousin Katie's son. you can't see Josh's glove in this pic but he had a sequin glove that he wore.

Last night, we went to Jay's brother's house because his son Logan just turned 3. His birthday was yesterday so they had a party for him last night. We ate dinner there and watched Logan open his presents. Ryan got really excited once again because it was a PARTY!!! She just cracks me up because she waits until everyone is DONE singing, and then she yells out "hap bir-day to woo!!" I think she does it because she wants the spot light to be on her when she sings. lol.

I hope everyone enjoys their week. Make sure to stop by Logan Jacks' page tomorrow and leave a message to wish him a HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY!!! www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com Logan is a very special little boy and we just LOVE reading his blog to hear about all the funny things he's up to. Until next time....
















1 comment:

  1. Awww! Thanks for adding Logan to your post! That was so sweet of you!

    I love the pics of Ryan all dressed up for Halloween! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete