Sunday, November 22, 2009

Another scare....

Oh boy, where to start? When I woke up on Saturday morning, I was in a rush to get out the door. I was meeting with Katie (my cousin) and her fiancee to go talk to a florist for their upcoming wedding in March. We were then going to Hobby Lobby to pick up some things for Christmas for her son. When I returned home, we had a bit of a scare. Jay looked at me and said "does Ryan look blue to you?" I scooped her up and started examining her lips, face, fingers and toes, and sure enough, she had a blue tint to them all. I immediatley grabbed the pulse-ox to see what was going on.
here is the results....98% for O2 sats. GREAT!! but......
If her O2 sats were 98....why is she blue?? We still do not know, but it went away. Jay said this blue tint started about 15 minutes before I got home, and after I got here, it lasted about another hour. We decided we will just keep an eye on her and make sure we are checking her sats at least once a day until she sees the cardiologist on December 7th. With this happening, I'm getting more nervous. Ryan is scheduled to be sedated for her echo on December 4th, and will then get her EKG and see Dr. Hor on the 7th. It was on December 5th last year that we were told she needed her cardiac cath done....eeks...her echo is the day before that 1 year anniversary of bad news. Let's hope that we do not get a repeat of that this year!!
Ryan has been fighting nap time more and more these days. Yesteryday, she refused. She wasn't acting to tired so we just didn't really push the issue. I do still want her to take at least a small nap everyday, but I know it's not the "end of the world" if she doesn't. So, she was hyped up on something ALL day yesterday and just didn't want to sleep. We had some coloring time, and played with her blocks. When she stacks them, she tries to count as well. She can easily count 1-2-3, then she goes straight to 5-6-7, and then it's 10!! lol she is really trying though.

don't you just love the shades?? She's SUPER COOL!!


Stef, we used your recipe and made some ornaments!!! That was too fun! Ryan loved it. I also wanted to get her handprint this year so we mixed the dough, and then flattened it out, and when she stuck her hand in, she yelled "oohhh SAND!!!" Too funny. It did feel like wet sand though. HA. We made a handprint ornament for ourselves and also for my mom.



Ryan's tiny little hand with her REALLY long fingers

With Ryan not napping yesterday, she CRASHED right around dinner time. We could tell as she was eating that she was just EXHAUSTED!! She started falling asleep in her high chair so I just had to grab the camera. You will notice in this video that she keeps saying "cheese" because she thought I was just taking pics of her....and sorry about the camera shaking. I was laughing so hard and I just couldn't help it.






This next photo is the end result.



OUT.....she was snoring SO LOUD!!



Pretty Princess....messy hair.

This last video is the one I have been trying to post on here for a few days. FINALLY. It's just her saying that she loves all the kids on the blog. TOO CUTE. ENJOY!!

(keep in mind you will have to pause the music playlist at the top left of the blog so the song doesn't mix in with the video)






I hope everyone has a GREAT Thanksgiving....I will try to post before then but may be too busy. We have a lot going on this week. :) I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!! BUSY BUSY BUSY!!

3 comments:

  1. I laughed and laughed at both videos but the one of her falling asleep while eating...that is PRICELESS!!!

    Sounds like both our kids are trying to give us the scares right before their appointments. Logan has those blue spells here again too. Usually his happen in the morning right after he gets up. Hope she continues to do well and you get GOOD news at your appointment!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
    http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    P.S. Glad you had fun with the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those videos are so funny!

    Sorry about your scare! Derrick has been having blue spells and having ok sats (for him) too. So weird! Keep us posted on Ryan's appointment, and we'll be praying for her! Hope she doesn't give you any more scares!!

    Big Heart Hugs and Prayers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue scares are never easy! Sydnie will have them especially when she's very upset! I hope all goes well and that you all no longer have any more blue moments!
    Hugs,
    Sundie & Sydnie

    ReplyDelete