Thursday, November 5, 2009

What happened to his arms????

Yesterday, Ryan and I were playing with Mr. Potato head and having a great time doing it. I opened up his back and got out his eyes, ears, mustache, etc. There were a few pieces in her toy bins in her room too so we got them out. As we were putting together Mr. Potato head, I started looking around at the pieces we had. "Ryan, where did his arms go?" The look she gave me was priceless. I wish I had my camera on at that time. She gave me a look that said "I'M GUILTY!!!" Then she said in a very shy and faint voice "where it go?" I knew something was going on at this point so I enlisted her for help on finding them. It's not that I would be upset if we didn't know where they were, I was just interested in knowing if she even remembered what she had done with them. For the past few weeks, she's been really into hiding things, and hiding herself for that matter. If she's being really quite, I will look around the house for her and she will be sitting in a closet somewhere or in her play tent and tunnel downstairs. When she realizes that I see her she will shout out "YOU FIND ME!!!" She loves this game a little too much because sometimes when I think she's in the typical spot, she'll surprise and scare me by not being there.

So off we went, to look for Mr. Potato heads limbs. I checked under all of the beds. (again, typical spot for her to hide toys.) NOT THERE. I checked in the bathroom cabinets. (another clever place for toys to end up.) NOT THERE. While I was doing this, Ryan was just following me closely as if silently laughing at me not being able to find a set of white plastic arms. I gave her a pretty serious look and said again, "Ryan, what happened to his arms?" This time she let out a nice giggle and said "arms?" With that, I gave up my search. I had other things that needed to be done. I was unloading and reloading the dishwasher and had to get laundry done also. I grabbed the hamper out of Ryan's room and made my way down to the laundry room. I sorted all of the laundry and put a load in the washer. When I looked down to grab the hamper and return it upstairs to Ryan's bedroom, you'll never guess what I saw sitting at the bottom.




look closely and you can see them....little white arms!!!


AHA....there they are!!! The funniest thing about the arms being in the hamper is that it was full. So, how did they get all the way to the bottom? Well, the holes in the side of it of course!! She must have been very focused on this task. I'm assuming since she's not far away for long periods of time, that this was done while she was supposed to be napping, or when she first got up in the morning. She must have sat on the floor concentrating greatly on getting those little limbs through the holes and into the bottom of the hamper.

I took the hamper and the arms back upstairs and asked Ryan what was in the hamper. She looked at me with BIG eyes and just gave me a HUGE smile. She didn't even have to look...she said "arms?" DING DING DING....you are a WINNER!!! Good job Ryan....your really smart. How did you know what was in there without even looking??? HAHA.


Later in the day yesterday, Ryan came to me and said "where baby go?" This time I knew she was just wanting me to find it because she thought it was funny. I didn't really have to do a great search. I walked into the living room and looked around and it sort of popped out at me.

Where's the baby? sitting under the end table next to the couch. SILLY GIRL!!

Does anyone else have any funny stories of their kids hiding either their toys or themselves? I want to hear about it!! Let me know if you have any good ones. I hope everyone is having a great week!!!


1 comment:

  1. Both boys love to hide toys in the hampers and I am always the lucky one to find them when it is laundry time.

    Logan is really bad because he hides just about anything. Sometimes he does forget.

    Too funny about Ryan! Thanks for sharing!

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
    http://www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete