Monday, February 1, 2010

Another hospital stay coming our way??

Wow, I feel like it's been FOREVER since my last post. Sorry about that, I've been a little busy. My dad had surgery this past Thursday to have his gallbladder removed so I spent the day at the hospital with him, and then he stayed with us that night since he wasn't able to drive. He is doing well and will be able to return to work next week.
Ryan has been up to no good lately. As usual right?? YUP. I unloaded the dishwasher the other day, then went to start a load of laundry. When I came back upstairs to load the dishes into the washer, this is what I found.....



LOOK....there's a baby white tiger in the dishwasher!!! WOW!!

I asked Ryan why her tiger (whose name is Kitty Cat....ORIGINAL!!!) was in the dishwasher and she just shrugged her shoulders and RAN RAN RAN!!! She thought she was in trouble. As long as the dishwasher didn't run through a cycle with Ryan's beloved kitty cat, it's no big deal.


little ms. guilty face running away from me!!

When Ryan had gone to get her tubes put in her ears, Dr. Myer, had asked me if Ryan snores when she sleeps. YES, she does. He then asked me if Ryan stops breathing in her sleep or if it seems like she has breath holding spells in her sleep? YES, she does. He asked if she has ever had a sleep study done? NO, and why is this necessary?? Dr. Myer suggested that Ryan get a sleep study done to test for apnia. From the way he made it sound, he things it's tonsil related, not heart related, HOWEVER, if she is having trouble breahing in her sleep, not matter what the cause, it isn't good for her "cardiac status." Ryan's peds office sent a referral form to pulmonary medicine in the hospital for the sleep study. I called and spoke with them, and for the study, they want at least 6 hours of sleep from Ryan. That is next to impossible for her. She only sleeps in her bed, or sometimes will fall asleep in the car or on the couch. I really don't think they will be able to get 6 hours out of her. Ryan is scheduled to go back to CCHMC on the 22nd for a follow up with Dr. Myer from her tube surgery. One we are there, I am going to discuss it further with him and find out if the study is really necessary or if he would consider just taking her tonsils out. I'm not sure where that conversation will end up, but I will keep you all posted.

Please say a prayer for the family off Jeffrey Fite today. It was one year ago today that Jeffrey was in the car accident that changed his and his family's life FOREVER. Jeffrey was driving and slipped on some black ice. His dad and my dad used to work together and are pretty good friends. That is how I came to know Jeffrey. Please stop by his carepage and drop off some prayers. The link is on the right side of this blog under carepages family. I'm sure today is not an easy day for any of them. Thank you and I hope everyone has a good week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Saying lots of prayers for Ryan. I am sure you are not excited about Ryan needing another surgery so soon.

    Stef, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete