Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SO happy to see this!!!! HAD TO SHARE!!

Before I get started on what this post title is all about, I wanted to just share a couple new pics.

she is trying to get undressed but when she goes for the shirt, she always gets it stuck....she will learn eventually!!! :)



my cutie patootie sleeping on the couch. too cute!!
Ok....here it goes. I got the February issue of American Baby magazine in the mail today. I have no idea why I even get these magazines because I never signed up for it, but it got delivered. Of course, I flipped through it and when I came to page 22 in the BABY Health section, I was floored!!! It's not a big article, but THERE IS AN ARTICLE ABOUT CHD's!! WOW!!! This is amazing news because we all know that there is really not much talk about it. The article also mentions Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Here is the article:
Heart Smarts:
Each year, 36,000 babies are born with heart defects. But even kids with healthy hearts can develop cardiovascular disease later on. Keep your baby healthy with these tips from Elaine Urbina, MD, director of preventive cardiology at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. It's the ultimate Valentine!!
Limit daily juice intake: Give no more than 4 ounces of 100% juice.
Serve toddler size portions: This means about a quarter of the adult version. Good examples: a half-slice of bread, 1/4 cup of cereal, 1 oz. of meat or cheese, and half an egg.
Turn off the T.V: Instead, encourage 20 to 60 minutes of daily active play.
Don't light up: Harmful toxins can linger on clothes and skin.
Talk to your pediatrician: Let them know if you, your spouse, or any of your parents had an early heart attack or stroke (at or before age 55 for men; 60 for women). Your doctor may also recommend that your child drink low-fat milk rather than whole milk.
I know this article is geared towards people whose kids do not have heart disease but I still thought it was important to share this information. It was also nice to even see the words "heart defects" in the mag. This could be the start of more info to come and it could also be the start of more information being shared with the world about this horrible disease that is responsible for taking the lives of so many innocent children. Please pass this information on to anyone that you think could benefit from it. Thank you!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment