Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Potty training update

I'm sure some of you have been wondering how Ryan's potty training has been going. Well, it's been AMAZING!!! She is doing such a great job and is such a big girl. Today was her 4th day in big girl panties and, just like yesterday, she only had ONE accident!!! She get's so excited when she goes on the toilet and she starts clapping and yelling!! I'm so glad to get the diaper thing over with. She is still wearing diapers for nap and bed time though. For the past 2 days, after nap, both diapers have been completely dry. Her diaper this morning, which she wore to bed all night, was only a tiny bit wet. I cannot believe how well this whole thing is going and I couldn't be more proud of her. She is just so awesome!!!!
One thing that is NOT so awesome is the amount of snow we got this week. It all started Sunday night and it didn't stop really until this morning. We had a few breaks here and there but that was it. We are even expecting some flurries overnight tonight as well as some ice. I am so sick of this weather and cannot wait until it gets warm again!!!



our deck....at one point in the middle there is 2 1/2 feet...YIKES!!

I want to say thank you to all those who prayed yesterday and today for my family. My previous post was about my cousin's son and he is doing well. He was actually released from the hospital last night and is getting some follow up care. I am sorry for not going into more detail about what is going on but it is a private matter. But thank you all again, SO MUCH!!!

Ryan has her follow up appointment on Monday with Dr. Myer. He is the ear, nose and throat doc. He will check her ears to make sure the tubes are still looking good and doing what they should be doing. She will also be getting a hearing test done. Since her ears were so infected and for so long, he wants to make sure it did not cause any long term hearing damage. She doesn't listen very well but I don't know if it's because she cannot hear or because she just chooses not to. HAHA. Either way, please hope and pray that her hearing is not damaged and that she just doesn't want to listen to us. :)



Dressed in Jay's boots, hat and gloves
We have a new obsession going on in the house also. It used to be dogs, then spiders, then Dora, then Sponge-bob AND NOW.......SPIDER MAN!!!! You would think that we have a boy with how much she talks about her beloved spider man. She says "spider-man does this...." and she sticks her hand out really fast and makes the noise like when his web shoots from wrist. TOO FUNNY!!! Every day she wants to watch him and she gets MAD if she can't. She also has tried to climb the walls a few times but soon realizes it's not as easy as he makes it look.

just got done going potty!! YAY!!!

I hope everyone is having a great week!!! If I don't update before Monday I will let everyone know how Ryan's follow up appointment goes. Jay and I are both not feeling well so I'm not sure how much energy I'm going to have for anything, especially with running around with Ry all day. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment